Local peace and justice organizations and events can be found on the Seattle Activism site. Disclaimer: The Seattle Peace Chorus does not necessarily endorse organizations and events listed on the Seattle Activism website.
A worthy organization is the Abe Keller Peace Education Fund. This organization supports peace and justice education activities in the Puget Sound region through fund-raising and grant-making. By supporting local and small-scale projects where their funding can have a significant impact, they turn many small contributions into a collective force for social change.
You can also make your voice heard by supporting organizations that we support.
- Peace Action. Peace Action is a national, grassroots organization committed to organizing a citizen movement.
This organization shares a vision of world peace in which:
- The menace of nuclear weapons has forever been erased from our planet
- War has been abolished as a method of solving conflicts
- All human beings are assured the wherewithal to live in health and dignity
- No one is denied the opportunity to participate in making decisions that affect the common good.
- Peace Alliance. This organization empowers civic action toward a culture of peace.
- River Phoenix Center for Peacebuilding. This organization offers a comprehensive community model that takes the approach of addressing conflict and violence with a continuum of prevention, intervention, and restorative strategies for all populations, including those healing from the otherwise lasting impact of trauma.
- International Day of Peace. This organization promotes 21 September as the International Day of Peace, a globally shared date for all humanity to commit to peace above all differences and to contribute to building a culture of peace.
Please have a look at Seattle Peace Chorus on Twitter. We are following over 300 organizations and people who work for peace and justice.